Transform Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
In recent years, porcelain veneers have become one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments available. These shells of porcelain attach to the front of your teeth, and they can conceal a diverse array of cosmetic imperfections, including stains, chips, and erosion. Dr. Munal S. Salem and his highly skilled associates will listen closely to your goals and take careful note of the dimensions of your smile to provide custom porcelain veneers that complement your features. Contact one of our offices in Southshore, MetroWest, South Coast, or Cape Cod today to learn if veneers are right for you.
About Porcelain Veneers
Veneers are thin custom-made shells of porcelain that attach directly to the front of your teeth. They are precisely fabricated at an off-site dental lab to match the color and shape of your natural teeth. At Alpha Dental Center, we proudly offer veneers made from state-of-the-art IPS e.max® porcelain. This unique material offers incredible strength and durability. It also has a very lifelike appearance.
These versatile restorations can:
- Cover severe intrinsic stains that do not respond to teeth whitening
- Mask chips, cracks, and other imperfections
- Conceal worn or unusually small teeth
- Close gaps in your smile
- Achieve minor orthodontic adjustments
Placing veneers begins with the removal of a small amount of enamel from the teeth you wish to treat. This will create room for the veneer so it will look natural among surrounding teeth. The dentist will take impressions of your teeth and send them to a trusted dental lab. Technicians will create the veneers, carefully selecting the shade of porcelain that most closely matches your natural teeth. When the restorations have been delivered to our office, you will return for your second appointment. The dentist will lightly etch the surface of your teeth, creating a stronger bond for the porcelain, and attach the veneers with dental cement. Following this second appointment, you can leave our office with a beautiful new smile.
We also offer minimal-prep veneers. These ultra-thin veneers require little, if any alteration of your natural teeth. Minimal-prep veneers are not suitable for everyone, and your dentist will determine the right type for you at your initial consultation.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
During your initial consultation, the dentist will explain the advantages of veneers:
- Lifelike appearance: Thanks to the precise fabrication process and our use of the latest materials, veneers are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Durability: With proper care, veneers can last ten years or more.
- Convenience: Veneers are easy to maintain. Typically, routine hygiene and regular checkups are enough to keep your teeth looking fantastic for years to come.
- Increased self-confidence: Like most patients, you may enjoy a huge boost of self-esteem following your cosmetic dentistry treatment. This can affect every aspect of your personal and professional life.
Enhance Your Smile
If you wish you could achieve a more symmetrical smile, but you don't necessarily require an extensive treatment like orthodontics or dental crowns, a new look may be two office visits away! Contact us today to find out if veneers are right for you.