Customized Smile Makeover Treatment
Many patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their smiles can benefit from smile makeover treatment at our Southshore, MetroWest, South Coast, or Cape Cod offices. Dr. Munal Salem, DDS, or one of his experienced team members can combine two or more cosmetic dentistry procedures to treat several aesthetic issues at once, resulting in a complete smile transformation. Every treatment plan is customized based on the individual patient's needs and goals.
A makeover can transform your smile and virtually eliminate cosmetic flaws.
Are You a Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover can address a wide range of aesthetic issues, including:
- Extrinsic or intrinsic discoloration or staining
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Unusually shaped, disproportionately small, or worn teeth
- An uneven gum line or “gummy smile”
- Crooked teeth
- Uneven spacing between teeth
Before you can undergo any cosmetic dentistry treatments, your dentist will evaluate your overall oral health. Any signs of gum disease or tooth decay will need to be treated before planning your smile makeover procedure.
What to Expect during Your Smile Makeover Treatment
Dr. Munal or one of his experienced team members will begin with a complete evaluation of your oral health. After determining your candidacy for treatment, your dentist will begin to plan your smile makeover. Depending on which concerns in your smile you would like to address, we can incorporate different procedures, including:
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers attach to the front surface of your teeth. Once in place, they can conceal cosmetic blemishes and structural imperfections. We offer veneers made from state-of-the-art IPS e.max®.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign® can correct minor to moderate orthodontic issues using clear aligner trays that are virtually indistinguishable from your natural smile.
- Teeth whitening: We offer both at-home and in-office teeth whitening treatments. Both options can dramatically lighten stains and with appropriate maintenance, the results can be extremely long-lasting.
- Gum reshaping: If you have excess gum tissue or an uneven gum line, your dentist can remove a small layer of tissue using a soft tissue laser. We often combine gum contouring with porcelain veneers.
- Dental crowns: Crowns are typically considered a restorative procedure. However, they can also enhance the aesthetic appeal of your smile, particularly when you choose an all-porcelain or zirconia restoration.
No matter which treatments you include, your makeover will typically take place in stages. Often, you can choose which problems you would like to address initially. However, Invisalign® typically comes first, and teeth whitening is generally the last treatment to perform.
The Benefits of a Smile Makeover
A makeover can transform your smile and virtually eliminate cosmetic flaws. Following treatment, your enhanced smile can rejuvenate your entire appearance and help you look years younger. In turn, you may feel far more confident about your appearance, and you may find that you smile more in front of others.
Contact Us to Schedule an Evaluation
Many patients have already experienced the benefits of a personalized cosmetic treatment plan. If you would like to learn more about smile makeovers and how they can benefit you, please contact our office today.